I started with a recipe I saw online at simplygluten-free.com by Carol Kicinski and then I added my own personal touch! I hope you like it!
1 454g bag of Tinkyada elbow noodles (I love Trader Joe's gluten free pasta as well!)
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 medium onion, diced
1 cup mushrooms, diced
black pepper to taste
3 Tablespoons gluten free flour blend (I'm a personal fan of Trader Joe's gluten free flour!)
2 1/2 cups chicken broth, either real or I use Celifibr brand
1 1/2 cups milk
2 (6 ounce) cans tuna in water, drained and flaked
1 cup frozen peas, corn, or carrots, whatever you prefer!
1 cup gluten free bread crumbs. I use whatever I have leftover (crackers, bread, cereal) and I put them in my cuisinart and make my own bread crumbs!
- Preheat oven to 425F, grease a 9x13 inch baking dish, and make up the chicken broth.
- Cook the pasta according to the package. Don't overcook the noodles because they are going in the oven as well!
- While the noodles are cooking, heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan. Add the onions and mushrooms and cook until the onions are soft and the mushrooms have released their moisture, approximately 7 minutes. Add the salt and pepper and stir in the flour, stirring constantly for 1 minute. Add the chicken broth and milk and bring to a low boil. Once it is boiling, reduce heat and cook until sauce thickens, 8 minutes.
- Now add it all together! Cooked noodles, mushroom sauce, tuna, and whatever veggies you choose!
- Pour the mixture into the baking dish and top with the bread crumbs.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes or until the sauce is bubbly!
- Let sit for 5 minutes before serving!