Friday, November 13, 2015

Gluten Free Shrimp Salad

Picture this.... it was a hot day in the summer, and I was looking for something tasty to make for dinner!  Nothing hot that involved heating up the cottage and something I had kicking around in the fridge and freezer. I found this great recipe on Food Network by Ina Garten, and then I added my own personal touch! 

INGREDIENTS

A mixture of lettuce (I use green leaf lettuce and red leaf lettuce but you can use whatever lettuce you love!)
1 bag frozen, cooked, deveined shrimp (about 30 shrimp)
1 bag of frozen edamame, shelled
1 small red onion sliced thin, optional
6 celery stalks, diced
1 cup mayonnaise ( I use Spectrum brand)
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
2 Tablespoons white wine vinegar
Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
1 Tablespoon fresh dill, or more if your a fan of dill!

DIRECTIONS

Wash and break up lettuce into bite size pieces.
Defrost shrimp overnight in the fridge, or if you are like me, and decide to make this at the last minute, defrost by running COLD water over the frozen shrimp. Take the tails off and chop shrimp up into bite size pieces! Add to lettuce.
Cook edamame according to the package, in my case, 3 minutes in the microwave, take out of the shell and add to the salad.
Slice red onion thin, dice the celery and add both to the dish.
In a 2 cup measuring cup or small bowl, I whisked together the mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, and salt and pepper to taste! (I didn't use salt and I just added a touch of pepper!). This is your salad dressing. Pour over the salad and mix.
Chop up the dill and sprinkle it on top!
ENJOY!






No comments:

Post a Comment