Monday, November 15, 2010

Gluten Free Eggplant Parmesan



Tonight, I have made 2 different recipes for eggplant parmesan.
I'm not even sure if my family likes eggplant, but the eggplant looked so wonderful at the market the other day I had to try it! I bought the small variety, one was a dark purple and the other is light purple and cream colour. I was told they taste the same, so I will use them interchangeably.
These are not original recipes, they are ones I found on the internet. I use recipes that I have all the ingredients on hand and ingredients I know my family likes.
Recipe #1
Ingredients:
1 1/2 pounds eggplant
1 1/2 cups almond flour
1 teaspoon sea salt
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
2 tablespoon olive oil
3 cups tomato sauce
2 cups freshly grated mozzarella cheese (I use the light mozzarella)
1/4 cups freshly grated parmesan cheese

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350F.
Cut the eggplant into 1/4 inch slices.
In a medium bowl, combine the almond flour and salt.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs and water.
Dip the eggplant slices in the egg mixture, then in the almond flour mixture.
Heat the grapeseed and olive oils in a large skillet over medium heat.
Saute the eggplant for 5 minutes per side, until golden brown.
Transfer the eggplant to a paper towel-lined plate.
Pour 1 cup of the tomato sauce into a 13x9 inch baking dish.
Layer the eggplant over the sauce.
Cover the eggplant with 1 cup of the sauce and 1 cup of mozzarella.
Place the remaining eggplant over the top, then cover with the remaining sauce and mozzarella.
Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the edges are bubbling.
Remove from the oven and top with grated parmesan cheese before serving.

Recipe #2
I'm not going to include this recipe because it was more time consuming and not a winner with my family!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment