Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Garden Salad With Maple Balsamic Dressing

For the last two weeks I have been enjoying a salad every day from my "At Home Organic Farm" that is growing in my backyard! I have had romaine lettuce, mixed greens, and delicious radishes while everything else continues to grow nicely. My snow peas, purple and green beans, beets, carrots, and garlic are not ready for harvest, and my onions and leeks were just planted a few days ago. I thought I would share a recipe for Maple Balsamic Dressing that I found in my Norene Gilletz, Norene's Healthy Kitchen Cookbook. I have had to alter it slightly to make it gluten free. I love this recipe and it goes perfectly with the greens from my garden. 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar, 1/4 cup orange juice, 1/4 cup maple syrup, 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil, 1 Tsp Tamari Sauce, 1 clove garlic minced, 1 Tsp fresh ginger minced. Combine all the ingredients and shake well before using. Keeps for 1 week in the refrigerator. To jazz up the salad a little bit, I added sliced pear and crumbled goat cheese! ENJOY

No comments:

Post a Comment